A Year in Review: 2013
It’s been an interesting year – but they always are. A year with lots of ups and downs. But again, there always are. I’m not sure what I can write here that avoids sounding banal or trite – I despise the mawkish sentimentality that abounds at this time of the year. So, without passion or emotion, how did we. Fare? On a personal level, it was a pretty quiet year. Highlights include:
* the ignite conference
* presenting at ACEL, publishing twice in their journals
* getting a peer-reviewed chapter accepted for publishing
* Bali with Apple (twice)
* iPads at McCarthy – finally
* MCCarthy radio show
* IEU – secretary, delegate, ebooks
* clearing our debts
* literacy and numeracy coord and NAPLAN success
* gardening – again, a good start to future plans here
*wrote close to 70 000 words for my doctorate,
There have been plenty of disappointments, though.
*RFS – I did very little here, and need to do more. Esp driving
*Fitness – after a good start to the year, I really dropped the ball. Need to step up again.
* DIY – abject failure. Enough said.
* fiscal responsibility – ugh, nope.
* still not an AP.